Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Learning to Play




My sister, the professional photographer that she is, will sometimes have her camera out and ask me, "Do you want to play?". To her that means, "Do you want to shoot random photos and see what comes out?". I generally either roll my eyes or do some shooting just to see if the "play" is actually any fun.


Well, in the past few days I have learned to play! (Jen would be so proud). With two 2G memory cards I might as well do what I can to fill up the space, right? I've found that I can drive slowly through the park with the window down and, while paying attention to my driving, with my right arm out the window take photos as I go. The sheep were out at Cornwall Park the other day so I took HEAPS of photos of them munching on the grass. Then, because the light was perfect and because I discovered the night time setting on the camera, I ran around the park taking photos of various locations. I had so much fun!


I followed that experience up with shots from the car on the motorway and shots on the way home from my favorite beach on the planet - Muriwai! It's fun to see what comes out. Here are a few of my current favorites:


No comments: